Welcome to our garden! Our garden is maintained by the students, adults, and community members at Red Hawk Elementary. We strive to support healthy lifestyles and to inspire a love for growing and nurturing the food we eat. Our goals are to:
- Cultivate student curiosity and exploration.
- Enjoy the beauty of our garden as it relaxes our bodies, inspires our minds, and ignites our creativity and imagination.
- Support student nutrition at school and at home, and to encourage every child's ownership over his or her own health.
- Grow children's joy in learning by providing opportunities for hands-on learning in the classroom and garden.
- Provide opportunities for students to take on leadership roles.
- Support students in sharing their own ideas and having their voices heard.
- Make our school a healthier and greener environment by practicing sustainable gardening techniques that restore natural resources and by teaching students that small steps can go a long way towards creating a healthier environment.
- Teach students and community members about the joys of hard work and physical activity.